Definition of knight:
- A champion; a partisan; a lover.
- A piece used in the game of chess, usually bearing a horse's head.
- A playing card bearing the figure of a knight; the knave or jack.
- A young servant or follower; a military attendant.
- In feudal times, a man- at- arms serving on horseback and admitted to a certain military rank with special ceremonies, including an oath to protect the distressed, maintain the right, and live a stainless life.
- One on whom knighthood, a dignity next below that of baronet, is conferred by the sovereign, entitling him to be addressed as Sir; as, Sir John.
- To dub or create ( one) a knight; - done in England by the sovereign only, who taps the kneeling candidate with a sword, saying: Rise, Sir --.
sawhorse, Hospitaler, man-at-arms, gymnastic horse, champion, horse, Sir, horse cavalry, cavalry, knight-errant, dub, nickname, aristocrat, buck, sawbuck, Templar, paladin, thane, gentleman, bachelor.
- "Old French Romances", William Morris.
- "The White Knight: Tirant lo Blanc", Joanot Martorell and Marti Johan d'Galba.
- "Famous Stories Every Child Should Know", Various.