Definition of knotted:
- Characterized by small, detached points, chiefly composed of mica, less decomposable than the mass of the rock, and forming knots in relief on the weathered surface; as, knotted rocks.
- Entangled; puzzling; knotty.
- Full of knots; having knots knurled; as, a knotted cord; the knotted oak.
- Having intersecting lines or figures.
- Interwoven; matted; entangled.
- of Knot
knotty, intertwined, fastened, crooked, engaged, convoluted, banded, gnarled, tied, clumped, tight, lassoed, seized, knobbed, tangled, snarled, snagged, gnarly, twisted, perplexed, entangled, whirled, tough, tortuous, problematical, looped, coiled, problematic, warped, snarly, baffling, meshed, bent, clustered, bunched, spliced, elusive.
- bound (part of speech: adjective)
fastened (part of speech: verb)
- sewn spliced,
- complicated (part of speech: adjective)
- "A Damsel in Distress", Pelham Grenville Wodehouse.
- "The Spoilers of the Valley", Robert Watson.
- "Lafcadio Hearn", Nina H. Kennard.