Definition of kowtow:
shine up, brownnose, cringe, skin, kiss someone's ass, cozy up, slaver, grovel, suck, take in, dance attendance, sidle up, absorb, court, scrape, imbibe, truckle, creep, crawl, bootlick, grate, balancing act, cower, suck up, charm, kotow, scratch up, curry favor, draw, toady, brown-nose, sop up, cotton up, soak up, fawn, cotton, play up, genuflect, apple-polish, propitiate, scrape up, pander to, scratch, come up, be on your best behavior, take up, over.
- comply (part of speech: verb)
- greet (part of speech: verb)
- flatter (part of speech: verb)
- "Land of the Burnt Thigh", Edith Eudora Kohl.
- "The Altar Steps", Compton MacKenzie.
- "The Exploits of Elaine", Arthur B. Reeve.