Definition of lateness:
- newness (part of speech: noun)
- lateness (part of speech: noun)
- untimeliness (part of speech: noun)
Despite this, it wore, as I saw it, a grey and desolate air, due in part to the loneliness of the situation and the lateness of the hour; and in part, I think, to the smallness of the household maintained, for no one was visible on the terrace or at the windows.- "Historical Romances: Under the Red Robe, Count Hannibal, A Gentleman of France", Stanley J. Weyman.
- "The Shadow of the East", E. M. Hull.
- "The Nest of the Sparrowhawk", Baroness Orczy.