Definition of lawyer:
- One versed in the laws, or a practitioner of law; one whose profession is to conduct lawsuits for clients, or to advise as to prosecution or defence of lawsuits, or as to legal rights and obligations in other matters. It is a general term, comprehending attorneys, counselors, solicitors, barristers, sergeants, and advocates.
- The black- necked stilt. See Stilt.
- The burbot ( Lota maculosa).
district attorney, professor of law, DA, amicus curiae, member of the bar, agent, friend of the court, proctor, prosecuting attorney, jurisconsult, Philadelphia lawyer, public defender, legal eagle, jurisprudent, mouthpiece, attorney general, jurist, legal practitioner, law, prosecutor, ambulance chaser, deputy, assigned counsel, legist, procurator, solicitor general, counselor-at-law, attorney for the defense, ambulance chaser, sergeant, defender, pettifogger, attorney-at-law.
- "Chicken Little Jane", Lily Munsell Ritchie.
- "The Book of Business Etiquette", Nella Henney.
- "The Guests Of Hercules", C. N. Williamson and A. M. Williamson.