Definition of leach :
1. A quantity of wood ashes, through which water passes, and thus imbibes the alkali.
2. A tub or vat for leaching ashes, bark, etc.
3. See 3d Leech.
4. See Leech, a physician.
5. To dissolve out; - often used with out; as, to leach out alkali from ashes.
6. To part with soluble constituents by percolation.
7. To remove the soluble constituents from by subjecting to the action of percolating water or other liquid; as, to leach ashes or coffee.
loot, strip, perk, disinvest, perk up, move, strip down, ooze, drain, bleed, ransack, gain vigor, undress, disrobe, despoil, divest, exude, reave, sink in, uncase, unclothe, transude, deprive, pillage, peel, foray, leaching, denudate, bare, clean, plunder, denude, purge, transpire, weep, rifle, filter, pick up, discase, solid, dismantle
pass (part of speech: verb)