Definition of leaden:
irksome, gruelling, arduous, big, expectant, clayey, flagging, weighted, wearisome, ho-hum, grueling, cloggy, Grey, boring, metallic, tiresome, action, thudding, muffled, pale, cloudy, laboured, large, sonorous, laborious, obtuse, lead, heavy, lumbering, grievous, enceinte, threatening, deadening, softened, dull, sullen, dumb, lowering, punishing, operose, limp, great, toilsome, backbreaking, with child, fleshy, weighed down, effortful, hard, intemperate, sound, overweight, gray, profound, lymphatic, grave, tedious, gravid, spiritless, plodding, wakeless, impenetrable, labored, dim, muted.
- gray (part of speech: adjective)
- lethargic (part of speech: adjective)
- heavy (part of speech: adjective)
- "The Adventures of Harry Richmond, Complete", George Meredith Last Updated: March 7, 2009.
- "Captivating Mary Carstairs", Henry Sydnor Harrison.
- "The King of the Golden River A Short Fairy Tale", John Ruskin..