Definition of leak:
- A crack, crevice, fissure, or hole which admits water or other fluid, or lets it escape; as, a leak in a roof; a leak in a boat; a leak in a gas pipe.
- A loss of electricity through imperfect insulation; also, the point at which such loss occurs.
- The entrance or escape of a fluid through a crack, fissure, or other aperture; as, the leak gained on the ship's pumps.
- To enter or escape, as a fluid, through a hole, crevice, etc. ; to pass gradually into, or out of, something; - usually with in or out.
- To let water or other fluid in or out through a hole, crevice, etc.; as, the cask leaks; the roof leaks; the boat leaks.
escapism, give out, news leak, drop, leak out, relief valve, seepage, outpouring, give away, offload, channel, outflow, puncture, advertisement, tell, issue from, efflux, escape, destruction, escape valve, beam, evasion, crack, get out, editorship, spill, betray, wetting, blowhole, ammonia, slip, dodging, decrease, abyss, passing water, news, flow, leakage, show, citizen journalism, send out, making water, blackout, hole, flight, spill the beans, lay something bare, argon, cavity, expenditure, carbon monoxide, get round, carbon, effluence, break, CFC, outgoing, cleft, spring, spread, stream, transpire, emit, carbon dioxide, out, get around, chlorine, safety valve, backstory, aperture, chink, embed, loss, exposure, circulate, crevice, cranny, contribute, circulation, disclose, come out, natural spring, chlorofluorocarbon, fountain, checkbook journalism, crater, come to light, get about, give off, generate, escape cock, detriment, butane, let (it) slip, cover, edit, reveal, discharge, acetylene, knowledge.
- "Tom of the Raiders", Austin Bishop.
- "Sunny Boy in the Big City", Ramy Allison White.
- "The Radio Amateur's Hand Book", A. Frederick Collins.