Definition of leather :
1. The skin of an animal, or some part of such skin, tanned, tawed, or otherwise dressed for use; also, dressed hides, collectively.
2. The skin.
3. To beat, as with a thong of leather.
glove leather, Morocco, kid, rawhide, elk hide, capeskin, parchment, cordovan, chamois, snakeskin, goatskin, embossed, buffalo robe, scarfskin, sole leather, split, horsehide, patent, alligator hide, kangaroo hide, buckskin, shagreen, Scotch grain, sharkskin, sheepskin, lizard, shoe leather, cowhide, tooled, suede, calfskin, deerskin, natural, vellum, buffalo hide
skin (part of speech: noun)
- " Steward, this is not my trunk- mine was a leather-" " All the 'leathers' are gone in the first boat, sir." - "The Confessions of Harry Lorrequer, Complete", Charles James Lever (1806-1872).
- It's always safe to have your leather in good condition." - "Winter Fun", William O. Stoddard.
- You're not safe where you are, Leather. - "Charlie to the Rescue", R.M. Ballantyne.