Definition of legal :
1. According to the law of works, as distinguished from free grace; or resting on works for salvation.
2. According to the old or Mosaic dispensation; in accordance with the law of Moses.
3. Created by, permitted by, in conformity with, or relating to, law; as, a legal obligation; a legal standard or test; a legal procedure; a legal claim; a legal trade; anything is legal which the laws do not forbid.
4. Governed by the rules of law as distinguished from the rules of equity; as, legal estate; legal assets.
Sub Judice, justifiable, customary, effectual, warranted, well-grounded, current, antitrust, ratified, legitimacy, jural, sound, juristic, healthy, licensed, acknowledged, eligible, allowable, mandated, de jure, levelheaded, intelligent, legally, ineligible, judged, heavy, extrajudicial, fair, civil, good, equitable, ordained, efficacious, criminally, reasoned, sportsmanlike, wakeless, enforced, legit, due, just, admissible, sportsmanly, illegal, forensic, innocent, profound, clean, sanctioned, unlawful, jurisprudent, accustomed, law, protected, guiltless, valid, permitted, criminal, extraterritorial, hereditary, effective, level-headed, granted, rightful, straight, enabling, common law
judicial (part of speech: adjective)
legal (part of speech: adjective)
- And just because he can't prove there was a legal partnership! - "Tom Swift and his Undersea Search or, The Treasure on the Floor of the Atlantic", Victor Appleton.
- But Belle and I have got to have another conference with the legal eagle. - "The Galaxy Primes", Edward Elmer Smith.
- Otherwise it isn't legal. - "Flower of the Dusk", Myrtle Reed.