Definition of length:
- A portion of space or of time considered as measured by its length; - often in the plural.
- A single piece or subdivision of a series, or of a number of long pieces which may be connected together; as, a length of pipe; a length of fence.
- Detail or amplification; unfolding; continuance as, to pursue a subject to a great length.
- The longest, or longer, dimension of any object, in distinction from breadth or width; extent of anything from end to end; the longest line which can be drawn through a body, parallel to its sides; as, the length of a church, or of a ship; the length of a rope or line.
- The quality or state of being long, in space or time; extent; duration; as, some sea birds are remarkable for the length of their wings; he was tired by the length of the sermon, and the length of his walk.
- To lengthen.
portion, loftiness, end, big, limit, mileage, compass, endlessness, way, aloofness, extreme, remoteness, expansion, radius, distance, nearness, diameter, piece, unit, longitude, stride, limited, duration, continuance, shortness.
- extended (part of speech: verb)
- duration (part of speech: noun)
- extent (part of speech: noun)
- length (part of speech: noun)
- size (part of speech: noun)
- "An Artist in Crime", Rodrigues Ottolengui.
- "Bijou", Gyp.
- "The Brother of Daphne", Dornford Yates.