Definition of lesson:
- A portion of Scripture read in divine service for instruction; as, here endeth the first lesson.
- A severe lecture; reproof; rebuke; warning.
- An exercise; a composition serving an educational purpose; a study.
- Anything read or recited to a teacher by a pupil or learner; something, as a portion of a book, assigned to a pupil to be studied or learned at one time.
- That which is learned or taught by an express effort; instruction derived from precept, experience, observation, or deduction; a precept; a doctrine; as, to take or give a lesson in drawing.
- To teach; to instruct.
- "The Rebel of the School", Mrs. L. T. Meade.
- "Frank's Campaign or the Farm and the Camp", Horatio Alger, Jr..
- "Ayala's Angel", Anthony Trollope.