Definition of let:
- A retarding; hindrance; obstacle; impediment; delay; - common in the phrase without let or hindrance, but elsewhere archaic.
- A stroke in which a ball touches the top of the net in passing over.
- of Lette
- To allow to be used or occupied for a compensation; to lease; to rent; to hire out; - often with out; as, to let a farm; to let a house; to let out horses.
- To be let or leased; as, the farm lets for $ 500 a year. See note under Let, v. t.
- To cause; to make; - used with the infinitive in the active form but in the passive sense; as, let make, i. e., cause to be made; let bring, i. e., cause to be brought.
- To consider; to think; to esteem.
- To forbear.
- To give, grant, or assign, as a work, privilege, or contract; - often with out; as, to let the building of a bridge; to let out the lathing and the plastering.
- To leave; to relinquish; to abandon.
- To permit; to allow; to suffer; - either affirmatively, by positive act, or negatively, by neglecting to restrain or prevent.
- To retard; to hinder; to impede; to oppose.
experience, fix, take, arrive, leave, engage, set out, drive, permit, aim, go, become, develop, bring forth, get under one's skin, pay back, have got, assign, give, amaze, net ball, get, birth, suffer, own, enter, capture, allow for, ingest, obtain, start out, generate, buzz off, draw, gravel, start, hire, mystify, bring, give up, produce, feature, throw, incur, arrest, pay off, come, rent, make, commence, possess, catch, countenance, set about, bear, yield, induce, hold, consent to, fetch, take in, appropriate, stupefy, perplex, puzzle, flummox, grow, charter, cause, intromit, stimulate, approbate, nonplus, begin, deliver, pose, give birth, get down, father, beat, receive, convey, take into account, grant, admit, sign, stick, bewilder, allow, have, vex, engender, consume, baffle, acquire, provide, find, cancel, earmark, scram, repudiate, OK, mother, bugger off, set aside, dumbfound, lease, reserve, sustain, let out, beget, contract, sire.
- consented (part of speech: verb)
- lend (part of speech: verb)
- consent (part of speech: verb)
- lent (part of speech: verb)
- permitted (part of speech: verb)
- permit (part of speech: verb)