Definition of leveling:
- of Level
- The act or operation of making level.
- The art or operation of using a leveling instrument for finding a horizontal line, for ascertaining the differences of level between different points of the earth's surface included in a survey, for establishing grades, etc., as in finding the descent of a river, or locating a line of railroad.
- flattening (part of speech: verb)
destroying (part of speech: verb)
- knocking down,
- ripping to shreds,
- tearing down,
- laying waste,
- mowing down
- homogenizing (part of speech: verb)
- layering (part of speech: verb)
- smoothing (part of speech: verb)
- "Rural Life and the Rural School", Joseph Kennedy.
- "The Rustler of Wind River", G. W. Ogden.
- "Gunman's Reckoning", Max Brand.