Definition of levity:
- Lack of gravity and earnestness in deportment or character; trifling gayety; frivolity; sportiveness; vanity.
- Lack of steadiness or constancy; disposition to change; fickleness; volatility.
- The quality of weighing less than something else of equal bulk; relative lightness, especially as shown by rising through, or floating upon, a contiguous substance; buoyancy; - opposed to gravity.
- amusement (part of speech: noun)
- levity (part of speech: noun)
- "Old Fritz and the New Era", Louise Muhlbach.
The pathetic aspect of the case has not, however, we are sorry to say, struck the American press, which has too often treated with unbecoming levity this unaccountable exhibition of English sensitiveness.- "The Complete Essays of C. D. Warner", Charles Dudley Warner.
- "Christology of the Old Testament: And a Commentary on the Messianic Predictions, v. 1", Ernst Wilhelm Hengstenberg.