Definition of libra :
1. A southern constellation between Virgo and Scorpio.
2. The Balance; the seventh sign in the zodiac, which the sun enters at the autumnal equinox in September, marked thus in almanacs, etc.
proportionality, symmetry, equalizer, Gemini, equipoise, residuum, counterbalance, Aries, equaliser, Libra the Scales, balance wheel, residue, counterpoise, counterweight, balance, Cancer, remainder, Libra the Balance, symmetricalness, astrological, residual, astrology, rest, correspondence, proportion, equilibrium, Capricorn, cast, astrologer, Aquarius, chart
- Latin Libra, A pound in weight. - "Business Hints for Men and Women", Alfred Rochefort Calhoun.
- The superintendent of maids replies, " Let the maid here present be dressed up with every care, let a name- ticket be written for her, and the fellow who deflowers Tarsia shall pay half a libra; afterwards she shall be at the service of the public for one solidus per head." - "The Satyricon, Complete", Petronius Arbiter.
- In October 1654, I married the third Wife, who is signified in my Nativity by Jupiter in Libra: And she is so totally in her Conditions, to my great Comfort. - "Highways and Byways in Surrey", Eric Parker.