Definition of liege:
- A free and independent person; specif., a lord paramount; a sovereign.
- Full; perfect; complete; pure.
- Serving an independent sovereign or master; bound by a feudal tenure; obliged to be faithful and loyal to a superior, as a vassal to his lord; faithful; loyal; as, a liege man; a liege subject.
- Sovereign; independent; having authority or right to allegiance; as, a liege lord.
- The subject of a sovereign or lord; a liegeman.
alchemy, Allegiant, staunch, faithful, true, alchemist, loyal, mediaeval, firm, liege lord, steadfast, feudalism, medieval, feudal, liege subject, constant, Luik, fast, manor, vassal, M., trust, liegeman, feudatory, continue.
- "Ex Voto", Samuel Butler.
Though long driven out of Liege, it was not many days before Mr. Fox's motion that they still continued to claim it as a country which their principles of fraternity bound them to protect,- that is, to subdue and to regulate at their pleasure.- "The Works of the Right Honourable Edmund Burke, Vol. V. (of 12)", Edmund Burke.
- "Maid Marian", Thomas Love Peacock.