Definition of lifeless:
exanimate, defunct, asleep, drab, unanimated, empty, live, uninspired, dry, aseptic, excite, stodgy, lackluster, arid, departed, extinct, pedestrian, colorless, matter-of-fact, heavy, flavorless, dead, earthbound, lusterless, spiritless, unimaginative, sterile, exanimate, flat, prosaic, gone, late.
- inert (part of speech: adjective)
- non-living (part of speech: adjective)
- lethargic (part of speech: adjective)
- inactive (part of speech: adjective)
- "The Oedipus Trilogy", Sophocles.
- "The Way of an Eagle", Ethel M. Dell.
- "The Sisters-In-Law", Gertrude Atherton.