Definition of light :
1. A firework made by filling a case with a substance which burns brilliantly with a white or colored flame; as, a Bengal light.
2. A small incandescent telltale lamp on a dynamo or battery circuit to show approximately by its brightness the voltage of the current.
3. Appearance due to the particular facts and circumstances presented to view; point of view; as, to state things fairly and put them in the right light.
4. Easily bestowed; inconsiderately rendered.
5. Easy to admit influence; inconsiderate; easily influenced by trifling considerations; unsteady; unsettled; volatile; as, a light, vain person; a light mind.
6. Easy to be digested; not oppressive to the stomach; as, light food; also, containing little nutriment.
7. Easy to be endured or performed; not severe; not difficult; as, a light affliction or task.
8. Having light; not dark or obscure; bright; clear; as, the apartment is light.
9. Having little, or comparatively little, weight; not tending to the center of gravity with force; not heavy.
10. Indulging in, or inclined to, levity; wanting dignity or solemnity; trifling; gay; frivolous; airy; unsubstantial.
11. Life; existence.
12. Lightly; cheaply.
13. Loose; sandy; easily pulverized; as, a light soil.
14. Not burdensome; easy to be lifted, borne, or carried by physical strength; as, a light burden, or load.
15. Not copious or heavy; not dense; not inconsiderable; as, a light rain; a light snow; light vapors.
16. Not encumbered; unembarrassed; clear of impediments; hence, active; nimble; swift.
17. Not heavily armed; armed with light weapons; as, light troops; a troop of light horse.
18. Not heavily burdened; not deeply laden; not sufficiently ballasted; as, the ship returned light.
19. Not of the legal, standard, or usual weight; clipped; diminished; as, light coin.
20. Not pressing heavily or hard upon; hence, having an easy, graceful manner; delicate; as, a light touch; a light style of execution.
21. Not quite sound or normal; somewhat impaired or deranged; dizzy; giddy.
22. Not strong or violent; moderate; as, a light wind.
23. One who is conspicuous or noteworthy; a model or example; as, the lights of the age or of antiquity.
24. Open view; a visible state or condition; public observation; publicity.
25. Prosperity; happiness; joy; felicity.
26. Slight; not important; as, a light error.
27. That agent, force, or action in nature by the operation of which upon the organs of sight, objects are rendered visible or luminous.
28. That which furnishes, or is a source of, light, as the sun, a star, a candle, a lighthouse, etc.
29. That which illumines or makes clear to the mind; mental or spiritual illumination; enlightenment; knowledge; information.
30. The brightness of the eye or eyes.
31. The manner in which the light strikes upon a picture; that part of a picture which represents those objects upon which the light is supposed to fall; the more illuminated part of a landscape or other scene; - opposed to shade. Cf. Chiaroscuro.
32. The medium through which light is admitted, as a window, or window pane; a skylight; in architecture, one of the compartments of a window made by a mullion or mullions.
33. The power of perception by vision.
34. The time during which the light of the sun is visible; day; especially, the dawn of day.
35. To attend or conduct with a light; to show the way to by means of a light.
36. To be illuminated; to receive light; to brighten; - with up; as, the room lights up very well.
37. To become ignited; to take fire; as, the match will not light.
38. To come by chance; to happen; - with on or upon; formerly with into.
39. To come down suddenly and forcibly; to fall; - with on or upon.
40. To descend from flight, and rest, perch, or settle, as a bird or insect.
41. To dismount; to descend, as from a horse or carriage; to alight; - with from, off, on, upon, at, in.
42. To feel light; to be made happy.
43. To give light to; to illuminate; to fill with light; to spread over with light; - often with up.
44. To lighten; to ease of a burden; to take off.
45. To set fire to; to cause to burn; to set burning; to ignite; to kindle; as, to light a candle or lamp; to light the gas; - sometimes with up.
46. Wanton; unchaste; as, a woman of light character.
47. Well leavened; not heavy; as, light bread.
48. White or whitish; not intense or very marked; not of a deep shade; moderately colored; as, a light color; a light brown; a light complexion.
grade crossing, irradiate, blowsy, clear-cut, arc, spark, frothy, empty-headed, hurricane lamp, informal, cleverness, decrease, fire up, ethereal, escape, well-lighted, ignitor, feline, barge, free, set down, digestible, gay, uncontaminating, swooning, miniature, sensual, bioluminescent, cheroot, fluid, green light, disembark, bring down, voracious, unprovoked, featherlike, cheerful, dismount, percipient, faint, dazzle, angle, button-through, light-armed, chew, coruscation, go down, casual, begin, east, bodybuilding, dazzling, slender, settle, get off, decaffeinated, sluttish, lovely, glisten, inflamed, insensitive, A-line, carnal, featly, light source, electric discharge, blowzy, unstressed, pastel, climb down, promiscuous, stingy, crosswalk, marshy, spare, stop, lightsome, peaty, brightness level, nonabrasive, pebbly, unquenchable, flyweight, tripping, pleasurable, lively, fresh, radiant, nasty, candent, illumine, high beams, well-heeled, idle, sapless, niggardly, visible light, debile, escaped, electric arc, alfresco, shadowy, chintzy, sight, scarce, come down, sour, stir up, light-headed, kindling, sort out, agile, ablaze, crystalise, exonerated, leavened, scant, polished, hoy, lightly-armed, bold, color-coded, start out, readable, muted, blithesome, cone, floodlit, perch, faint-hearted, lightness, bright, airheaded, straighten out, downhill, light-hearted, luminescent, immodest, facile, hand-to-mouth, dense, great, superficial, sporting, inedible, aerial, trivial, imperfect, corked, minimum, comfortable, phosphorescent, lower, see, weakly, the burn, light up, light-footed, fluent, seeing, pleasant, radiance, low-cal, glare, rickety, the light, gaslight, liberal, send, wakeful, at large, feeble, mild, slack, fag, moderate, brake light, floaty, briar, clean-living, temperate, ignition, unhorse, featherbrained, lighthearted, hearty, effortless, enlighten, baggy, eye, nimble, brilliant, vision, lite, diet, conflagrate, juicy, lightsomeness, blinkers, sunstruck, side, vigilant, take fire, dismay, hazard light, dim, fluffy, lithe, luminosity, restful, net, lighter, loose, brief, smartness, return, gale-force, start, hushed, aquarobics, volatile, hand, lilting, glister, regard, respect, attractive, nimbleness, wild, at the crack of dawn, silly, flow, wispy, wee, joyous, nett, enjoyable, just, floating, merry, elucidation, incandescent, frolicsome, jaunty, alluvial, sick, lax, lightly, erupt, put down, frame of reference, soothing, numb, catch, ill, jaywalking, muffled, force, hop out, unaccented, thinly, aerobic, gently, light-colored, biting, gaseous, analgesia, unobjectionable, lighting, mellow, powdery, shed light on, fooling, density, fluorescent, brights, dry, featherweight, edible, Christ Within, fragmentary, trip, strike, lighted, demoralise, exculpated, bland, cross, tender, glaring, commence, post-prandial, carbonated, get, open, unpalatable, palatable, turn on, weightlessness, clear, wanton, quietly, monotone, reddened, neat, diminish, bad, absolved, elucidate, fair, infirm, pale, lithesome, clean-cut, lunchtime, Inner Light, open-eyed, carry, sprightly, shiny, cloudless, igniter, phase, insignificant, little, lamplight, slatternly, insubstantial, low, arrive, argus-eyed, lissome, go up, nonfat, appetizing, come, following, exiguous, out of work, bleached, clingy, combust, filmy, short, leisurely, lighting-up, by night/day, floodlighted, dead, candescent, sporty, sparkling, unfounded, fog light, blithe, uninfected, tasteless, lenient, barely, go to sleep, someone's eyes are bigger than their stomach, mere, mail, crystallise, sleepyhead, firing, boot-cut, ponderous, royal, colored, first thing (in the morning), cast down, sheer, easterly, unaffixed, vague, get by, fallible, Sleeping Beauty, swinging, illuminance, delicious, animated, discharge, cleared, light-duty, unsubstantial, rich, vindicated, gusty, incident ray, undemanding, aerobics, quiet, heavy, unchaste, scanty, decrepit, Light Within, shade, dizzy, sparse, giddy, penal, flicker, cigarette, tangy, full-bodied, nice, fainthearted, pleasing, perspective, ray, graceful, backless, glittering, celebratory, prosperous, set, hands-down, get away, soft, mock, small, gossamery, lighten, abstemious, descend, filter, sunlit, well-off, balmy, imponderable, piggy, skimp, calorie-free, sound, chin-up, minuscule, benign, deject, candlelight, backup light, flavorful, charming, sit-down, unclouded, thin, gentle, visible radiation, decipherable, exemplary, brash, featherlight, illuminating, load, alcoholic, fall, pure, well-defined, clarification, effervescent, set out, lessen, nightlight, ridicule, indecent, frugal, legerity, stale, swallow, lewd, animate, frail, fairylike, black, poor, heat, inadequate, ciggy, insufficient, catch the light, sleeper, write down, devolve, cheap, on the loose, friable, chiffon, insensible, bantamweight, fly, fat-free, deficient, washy, deep, atmospheric, disciplinary, minute, groundless, few, low-density, numbing, satisfying, pass, flatboat, boggy, jobless, belittle, cigar, tiny, calisthenics, colors, waking, timid, glittery, gluttonous, flimsy, before dark, agility, watery, well-situated, illuminated, blank, shallow, relaxing, precipitate, drop, rancid, unimportant, livid, boxercise, unmortgaged, slap-up, get down, illume, button-down, lit, aspect, depress, cold, well-to-do, easy, lamplit, high spirits, replete, crystalize, downy, gleaming, lightheaded, dreamless, painless, clean, atonic, noctambulism, somnambulist, facet, twinkle, flat, crystallize, counterweight, flasher, hardscrabble, cigarette paper, headlamp, large, brighten, put out, bend, underweight, ready, snap, stuffed, puny, full, luminous, circuit training, elation, succulent, lightweight, noonday, sparing, greedy, fatless, drinkable, demoralize, roost, sodium, send off, unused, softly, daylight, fall down, only, the Beaufort scale, gracile, dainty, frivolous, butt, alight, wake, get out, skimpy, inflammation, clear up, broken, baseless, flinty, eyesight, best, insipid, let down, crossing, sandy, neglect, circus, simple, vivid, smooth, crossroads, chalky, motiveless, well-fixed, trip out, catch fire, bong, tasty, slim, hang, sportsmanlike, swingy, take off, dead weight, dispirit, unwarranted, bright and early, set about, take down, luminance, in the morning, fractional, rest, easygoing, slight, spry, accrue, cutting, palish, weak
ignite (part of speech: verb)
light source (part of speech: noun)
moon, oil lamp, arc lamp, pilot light, light bulb, taper, illuminator, fluorescent light, desk light, jack-o'-lantern, moonbeam, incandescent light, lamp, lantern, sun, star, klieg light, flashlight, tungsten lamp, torch, headlight, beacon, table lamp, candle, flame, fire, street lamp, mercury-vapor lamp, spotlight, floor lamp, floodlight, neon light, flare, searchlight
white (part of speech: adjective)
light (part of speech: verb)
flash, lucidity, beam, incandesce, brightness, glow, delicate, luster, weightless, spot, airy, glitter, feathery, gossamer, radiate, sparkle, gleam, scintillate, incandescence, scintillation, glint, shine, illumination, buoyant, brilliance, blaze, flood, fluoresce, radiation, luminousness, illuminate