Definition of limiting:
- edging (part of speech: verb)
- qualifying (part of speech: verb)
- limiting (part of speech: verb)
- "Space Viking", Henry Beam Piper.
The besetting sin of the maxim- writer is to exaggerate one side of a matter by neglecting another; to secure point and emphasis of style, by limiting the range of thought; and hence it is that most maxims present but a portion of truth and cannot be received unqualified.- "Maxims and Reflections", Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
- "Occultism and Common-Sense", Beckles Willson.