Definition of lineal:
- Composed of lines; delineated; as, lineal designs.
- Descending in a direct line from an ancestor; hereditary; derived from ancestors; - opposed to collateral; as, a lineal descent or a lineal descendant.
- In the direction of a line; of or pertaining to a line; measured on, or ascertained by, a line; linear; as, lineal magnitude.
- Inheriting by direct descent; having the right by direct descent to succeed ( to).
- "Socialism: Positive and Negative", Robert Rives La Monte.
His answer was, like himself, kind, affectionate, and generous: it informed me that he had already made over to me the annual sum of one thousand pounds; and that in case of his having a lineal heir, he had, moreover, settled upon me, after his death, two thousand a- year.- "Pelham, Complete", Edward Bulwer-Lytton Last Updated: March 16, 2009.
- "Fifty-One Years of Victorian Life", Margaret Elizabeth Leigh Child-Villiers, Countess of Jersey.