Definition of liquid:
- A letter which has a smooth, flowing sound, or which flows smoothly after a mute; as, l and r, in bla, bra. M and n also are called liquids.
- A substance whose parts change their relative position on the slightest pressure, and therefore retain no definite form; any substance in the state of liquidity; a fluid that is not aeriform.
- Being in such a state that the component parts move freely among themselves, but do not tend to separate from each other as the particles of gases and vapors do; neither solid nor aeriform; as, liquid mercury, in distinction from mercury solidified or in a state of vapor.
- Clear; definite in terms or amount.
- Flowing freely like water; fluid; not solid.
- Flowing or sounding smoothly or without abrupt transitions or harsh tones.
- Fluid and transparent; as, the liquid air.
- Pronounced without any jar or harshness; smooth; as, l and r are liquid letters.
see-through, consonant, brine, still, cash-and-carry, crystal, perspicuous, brand-name, consumable, wet, moist, H2O, tranquil, suave, tearful, quick, gaseous, dense, politic, juicy, fixed, cut-rate, limpid, disposable, crystalline, powdered, thin, soft, molten, close-set, alveolar, damp, distilled water, ready, marketable, fluid, pellucid, deep-set, aqueous, thawed, runny, unruffled, dead, beady, aqua, liquefiable, cross-eyed, closed syllable, usable, watery, liquifiable, smooth, transparent, branded, mobile, unstable, bilabial, aquatic, swimming, solid, fluidity, semiliquid, custom-built, limewater, legato, custom, doe-eyed, luculent, affricate, fluent, ice, quiet, commercial, running water, bland, lucid, gassy, liquid state, facile, musical, lucent, assonance, smooth-spoken, bloodshot, permanent, silver, hazel, moving, dissolved, solvent, fizzy, custom-made, running, liquified, free, gas, liquidity, flowing, aspirate, fusible, liquefied, electrolyte, commercially, runniness, close vowel, liquidness, crystal clear, silver-tongued, graceful, eloquent, viscous, melted, aspiration, fluidness, naiant, clear, sappy, placid, bug-eyed, bubbly.
- "The White Gauntlet", Mayne Reid.
- "Butterflies Worth Knowing", Clarence M. Weed.
- "The Emigrant Trail", Geraldine Bonner.