Definition of list :
1. A limit or boundary; a border.
2. A line inclosing or forming the extremity of a piece of ground, or field of combat; hence, in the plural ( lists), the ground or field inclosed for a race or combat.
3. A little square molding; a fillet; - called also listel.
4. A narrow strip of wood, esp. sapwood, cut from the edge of a plank or board.
5. A piece of woolen cloth with which the yarns are grasped by a workman.
6. A roll or catalogue, that is row or line; a record of names; as, a list of names, books, articles; a list of ratable estate.
7. A strip forming the woven border or selvedge of cloth, particularly of broadcloth, and serving to strengthen it; hence, a strip of cloth; a fillet.
8. A stripe.
9. A wirelike rim of tin left on an edge of the plate after it is coated.
10. An inclination to one side; as, the ship has a list to starboard.
11. In cotton culture, to prepare, as land, for the crop by making alternating beds and alleys with the hoe.
12. Inclination; desire.
13. The first thin coat of tin.
14. The lobe of the ear; the ear itself.
15. To cover with list, or with strips of cloth; to put list on; as, to list a door; to stripe as if with list.
16. To cut away a narrow strip, as of sapwood, from the edge of; as, to list a board.
17. To desire or choose; to please.
18. To engage in public service by enrolling one's name; to enlist.
19. To engage, as a soldier; to enlist.
20. To enroll; to place or register in a list.
21. To hearken; to attend; to listen.
22. To inclose for combat; as, to list a field.
23. To lean; to incline; as, the ship lists to port.
24. To listen or hearken to.
25. To plow and plant with a lister.
26. To sew together, as strips of cloth, so as to make a show of colors, or form a border.
keep down, 0, contention, contestation, number, tendency, argument, constitute, 411, advert, cite, mention, hear from, propensity, be given, tell of, numerate, identify, lean, joust, rock, reheel, hear out, arguing, come, tick off, hark, hear, listen, touch on, run, cast off, refer to, careen, angle of inclination, invoke, 800 number, make, inclination, hydroplane, bring up, refer, disceptation, specific, 1471, 1800 number, come up, angle, diagnose, magnetic inclination, hearken, listen in, hot list, 190 number, disposition, 999, enroll, inscribe, capsize, strain your eyes/ears, raise, attend, tilt, sway, follow, describe, key, set down, dock, itemisation, talk in terms of something, 911, name, angle of dip, ground, tip, blue book, proclivity, hang on someone's every word, controversy, magnetic dip, discover, come about, inclining, 0800 number, heed, add up, appoint, key out, heave to, slant, founder, incline, 900 number, nominate, call, heel, listing, go about, dip, tend, distinguish, write down, allude to, disputation, blacklist, checklist, remember, hit list, eavesdrop, formula, amount, read someone's lips, harken, sounds, inclination of an orbit, leaning
book (part of speech: noun)
libretto, report, treatise, textbook, volume, leaflet, folio, play book, tract, booklet, verse, manual, publication, magazine, chapter, script, handbook, tome, pamphlet, insert, monograph, work, compendium, brochure, serial
roll (part of speech: verb)
directory, arrangement, backlist, agenda, ballot, glossary, brief, panel, bill of lading, bulletin, outline, enrollment, memorandum, laundry list, poll, bibliography, table of contents, muster, syllabus, program, gazette, subscribers, lineup, slate, bill of fare, shortlist, draft, archive, vocabulary, prospectus
list (part of speech: verb)
file, bank-book, pad, waybill, audit, bill, album, detail, record, collect, catalog, document, account, notebook, score, thesaurus, budget, dictionary, novel, store, sum, summary, summarize, journal, manifest, annual, roll, enumerate, roster, recording, menu, yearbook, total, census, scrapbook, ledger, calendar, daybook, schedule, statement, tally, tabulate, blank-book, itemization, cash book, table, book, note, count, registry, register, history, log, repertory, tablet, workbook, logbook, check, treasury, storybook, collection, recount, journalize, chronicle, enumeration, index, lexicon, annals, invoice, scroll, itemize, digest, inventory, diary, documentation, docket