Definition of listless:
oblivious, uninterested, downhearted, thoughtless, feelings, down, unresponsive, heedless, spiritless, unergetic, detached, preoccupied, absent, flagging, laggard, inattentive, nonchalant, downcast, down in the mouth, careless, grim, stupid, abstracted, lukewarm, vivacious, insouciant, negligent, lymphatic, gloomy, neutral, unconcerned, lethargic, absorbed, dispirited, dreamy, action, indifferent, heavy, slack, stolid, low, incurious, low-spirited, absent-minded, supine, active, impassive.
- inert (part of speech: adjective)
- weary (part of speech: adjective)
- lethargic (part of speech: adjective)
Every now and then as the crowd increased her eyes would wander in search of Stafford, and she noticed that though he took his part, did his duty, the listless, half- wearied expression was still on his face, and a pang shot through her.- "At Love's Cost", Charles Garvice.
- "Molly Bawn", Margaret Wolfe Hamilton.
- "The Mother and Her Child", William S. Sadler Lena K. Sadler.