Definition of listlessness:
infirmity, incuriousness, asthenia, hebetude, languidness, enfeeblement, insensibleness, leadenness, phlegm, frailty, delicacy, unresponsiveness, torpidness, lassitude, fragility, blahs, restlessness, lowness, inanition, debility, action, doldrums, dreaminess, torpor, stolidness, wimpiness, enervation, stupor, flatness, unconcern, impassivity, incuriosity, uninterest, disinterest, torpidity, frailness, slackness, feelings, stolidity, languor.
- boredom (part of speech: noun)
- lethargy (part of speech: noun)
- weariness (part of speech: noun)
- inertness (part of speech: noun)
Thus, as it were, raised to a higher condition, she longed for less unruly children, and her husband, Power, who, though he would have gladly cast her off, was bound to her by a thousand ties, took pity upon her, because her listlessness and coldness were transformed to warmth and motion, and another child sprang from their union, love.- "The Complete Historical Romances of Georg Ebers", Georg Ebers.
- "Kildares of Storm", Eleanor Mercein Kelly.
- "Can You Forgive Her?", Anthony Trollope.