Definition of literary :
1. Of or pertaining to letters or literature; pertaining to learning or learned men; as, literary fame; a literary history; literary conversation.
2. Versed in, or acquainted with, literature; occupied with literature as a profession; connected with literature or with men of letters; as, a literary man.
academic (part of speech: adjective)
- Hodson broke in: " You literary men make me tired. - "Melomaniacs", James Huneker.
- Its literary history is rather curious. - "A History of English Literature Elizabethan Literature", George Saintsbury.
- A whole week has passed- and has been occupied by my new literary pursuit. - "The Guilty River", Wilkie Collins.