Definition of lithe :
1. Capable of being easily bent; pliant; flexible; limber; as, the elephant's lithe proboscis.
2. Mild; calm; as, lithe weather.
3. To listen or listen to; to hearken to.
4. To smooth; to soften; to palliate.
elastic (part of speech: adjective)
soft (part of speech: adjective)
- Round and round they twisted and turned their lithe bodies. - "With Axe and Rifle", W.H.G. Kingston.
- He was a man of twenty- four or twenty- five, lithe and alert. - "The Clue of the Twisted Candle", Edgar Wallace.
- The boy- for he was no more than a boy- sat the beast as though born to it, his lithe frame taking every motion of his mount as softly as a good boat rides the sea. - "The Cow Puncher", Robert J. C. Stead.