Definition of live:
- Being in a state of ignition; burning; having active properties; as, a live coal; live embers.
- Full of earnestness; active; wide awake; glowing; as, a live man, or orator.
- Having life; alive; living; not dead.
- Imparting power; having motion; as, the live spindle of a lathe.
- To act habitually in conformity with; to practice.
- To be alive; to have life; to have, as an animal or a plant, the capacity of assimilating matter as food, and to be dependent on such assimilation for a continuance of existence; as, animals and plants that live to a great age are long in reaching maturity.
- To be maintained in life; to acquire a livelihood; to subsist; - with on or by; as, to live on spoils.
- To be or continue in existence; to exist; to remain; to be permanent; to last; - said of inanimate objects, ideas, etc.
- To enjoy or make the most of life; to be in a state of happiness.
- To feed; to subsist; to be nourished or supported; - with on; as, horses live on grass and grain.
- To have a spiritual existence; to be quickened, nourished, and actuated by divine influence or faith.
- To make one's abiding place or home; to abide; to dwell; to reside.
- To outlast danger; to float; - said of a ship, boat, etc.; as, no ship could live in such a storm.
- To pass one's time; to pass life or time in a certain manner, as to habits, conduct, or circumstances; as, to live in ease or affluence; to live happily or usefully.
- To spend, as one's life; to pass; to maintain; to continue in, constantly or habitually; as, to live an idle or a useful life.
- Vivid; bright.
come from, work, bang, set, guest, have it off, break down, comprise, chat show, personify, recognise, sojourn, domiciliate, smouldering, blend, cognise, give way, experience, bear, resilient, on, have your fun, drop out, unrehearsed, make up, hot, bankable, make out, go through, tolerate, televisual, place, long-range, caliber, alert, smoldering, lodge, blank, reverberant, stand firm, await, stretch forth, watch, pursue, buttery, operational, ringing, dwell, go, sleep together, board, quick, cord, sustain, alternating current, blank cartridge, zippy, proceed, go along, radio, Be, delight in, make it, enjoy, extend, salient, stick out, conk, blistering, crisp, unrecorded, come through, continuity, racy, spirited, arc, AC, brave, full of life, hold water, stretch out, revel in, functional, spill, match, raging, populate, love, pass away, spicy, off-screen, in play, sleep with, bandolier, springy, programming, stay, domicile, go on, all-star, belong, snappy, brisk, fit, get laid, glowing, see, conk out, settle down, defy, take/find pleasure in (doing) something, chilled, working, kick the bucket, conventional, die, squat, put out, rest, people, delay, color, appropriate, incendiary, bouncing, kick around, start, snuff it, calibre, brownout, breathing, settle, germane, give-up the ghost, blackout, creamy, lie in, occupy, coexist, have a go at it, elastic, subsist, fagot, cream, active, have, relevant, on-screen, anticipate, obtain, get going, drink in, live on, go away, there is/are etc., eff, become, nuclear, digest, rattling, confront, bubble, recognize, run low, living, charged, decease, make love, exit, have it away, documentary, house, represent, untaped, weather, arc light, television, remain, anti-tank, broadcast, poker, know, antiaircraft, stop, acknowledge, consist, expire, bide, outlast, equal, exsert, operating, caramelized, cartridge, run short, lead, manage, crispy, aware, existing, safety match, buy the farm, stand up, pull round, lively, follow, breakfast television, arrive, stomach, bouncy, chewy, evergreen, nonnuclear, apposite, locomote, die hard, get, brave out, calorific, feel, give out, closed-captioned, pertinent, whippy, anti-personnel, functioning, do it, reside, to the point, dum-dum, hold, run, bed, red-hot, like, explosive, peppy, shack, buckshot, croak, sound, rating, matchstick, operative, animated, cognize, fail, feature, pull through, spanking, real, bulletin, support, break, on-air, move, detain, wear, stick up, brood, constitute, unfilmed, hump, perish, depart, room, awake, receive, live out your life, operate, brook, feed, be intimate, drop dead, docusoap, sit, screw, cash in one's chips, resist, travel, interpretative, running, alive, withstand, life, hold out, pass, loaded, interpretive, call-in, hold up, have sex, expect, cool, go without, function, jazz, bullet, cost, merry, choke, harp, roll in the hay, inhabit, lie with, bonk, plump, docudrama, co-occur, faggot, flak, stand, conscious, pop off, outlive, ingestion, charge, applicable, go in for, go bad, put up, wait, tarry, concentrate, have intercourse, lie, current, get it on, going, debut, heavy, embody, suffer, live by, immortal, blend in, breathe, surviving, rifle.