Definition of live :
1. Being in a state of ignition; burning; having active properties; as, a live coal; live embers.
2. Full of earnestness; active; wide awake; glowing; as, a live man, or orator.
3. Having life; alive; living; not dead.
4. Imparting power; having motion; as, the live spindle of a lathe.
6. To act habitually in conformity with; to practice.
7. To be alive; to have life; to have, as an animal or a plant, the capacity of assimilating matter as food, and to be dependent on such assimilation for a continuance of existence; as, animals and plants that live to a great age are long in reaching maturity.
8. To be maintained in life; to acquire a livelihood; to subsist; - with on or by; as, to live on spoils.
9. To be or continue in existence; to exist; to remain; to be permanent; to last; - said of inanimate objects, ideas, etc.
10. To enjoy or make the most of life; to be in a state of happiness.
11. To feed; to subsist; to be nourished or supported; - with on; as, horses live on grass and grain.
12. To have a spiritual existence; to be quickened, nourished, and actuated by divine influence or faith.
13. To make one's abiding place or home; to abide; to dwell; to reside.
14. To outlast danger; to float; - said of a ship, boat, etc.; as, no ship could live in such a storm.
15. To pass one's time; to pass life or time in a certain manner, as to habits, conduct, or circumstances; as, to live in ease or affluence; to live happily or usefully.
16. To spend, as one's life; to pass; to maintain; to continue in, constantly or habitually; as, to live an idle or a useful life.
17. Vivid; bright.
pass, pull round, blistering, alternating current, have a go at it, do it, ingestion, brook, incendiary, revel in, relevant, eff, programming, sleep with, crisp, reverberant, domicile, sound, like, raging, operative, love, live on, travel, house, operational, cognize, unrecorded, antiaircraft, make out, come from, function, pursue, color, screw, conventional, break down, have sex, rest, bankable, conk, watch, die hard, surviving, zippy, recognize, locomote, awake, domiciliate, go in for, perish, belong, follow, charged, apposite, hot, start, withstand, move, quick, spirited, stretch out, croak, make love, outlast, hold up, manage, sustain, off-screen, stop, docudrama, take/find pleasure in (doing) something, bed, smouldering, salient, broadcast, break, confront, merry, Be, get going, see, cartridge, work, make it, drop dead, going, anticipate, drop out, suffer, rating, plump, cream, racy, operating, be intimate, arrive, remain, real, chewy, arc light, have, die, pull through, blackout, bonk, debut, people, snuff it, stand firm, to the point, anti-tank, detain, blank cartridge, personify, rifle, operate, interpretative, recognise, settle down, roll in the hay, cognise, occupy, comprise, blend in, wait, bide, board, televisual, buttery, run, get laid, anti-personnel, on-screen, go bad, call-in, make up, in play, spill, caliber, populate, lead, acknowledge, pop off, equal, on, interpretive, weather, pertinent, choke, blend, rattling, dum-dum, have it away, embody, applicable, go without, bubble, expect, support, guest, stand up, brisk, live out your life, crispy, cost, AC, aware, caramelized, creamy, have your fun, alert, active, ringing, untaped, running, hold water, cool, bullet, full of life, extend, buy the farm, glowing, brave out, radio, place, go, run low, go through, conk out, safety match, outlive, exit, expire, match, documentary, explosive, get, hump, have it off, go on, cash in one's chips, unfilmed, working, lie, bandolier, whippy, consist, go along, arc, come through, stick up, set, put up, lie in, cord, functioning, bear, harp, germane, kick around, conscious, heavy, feature, chilled, lively, sit, drink in, tolerate, digest, co-occur, immortal, current, matchstick, give out, breakfast television, tarry, hold out, brownout, spicy, peppy, functional, jazz, have intercourse, resilient, blank, decease, go away, wear, snappy, breathing, smoldering, calibre, calorific, evergreen, squat, buckshot, stomach, fit, constitute, appropriate, bulletin, kick the bucket, defy, obtain, springy, continuity, feed, represent, on-air, know, pass away, resist, bouncy, red-hot, existing, animated, bang, closed-captioned, give-up the ghost, lie with, television, get it on, feel, concentrate, poker, bouncing, stay, become, exsert, hold, elastic, put out, lodge, there is/are etc., live by, shack, flak, proceed, breathe, loaded, stand, give way, enjoy, nonnuclear, chat show, sleep together, spanking, fail, sojourn, await, nuclear, experience, long-range, life, docusoap, brave, settle, stretch forth, delay, run short, all-star, inhabit, room, coexist, depart, charge, stick out, brood, fagot, receive, delight in, faggot, unrehearsed
active (part of speech: adjective)
live (part of speech: verb)
exist (part of speech: verb)