Definition of liveliness :
1. An appearance of life, animation, or spirit; as, the liveliness of the eye or the countenance in a portrait.
2. Briskness; activity; effervescence, as of liquors.
3. The quality or state of being lively or animated; sprightliness; vivacity; animation; spirit; as, the liveliness of youth, contrasted with the gravity of age.
invigoration, peppiness, briskness, lifetime, biography, feel, flavour, living, zip, vigorousness, life sentence, smartness, pertness, spiritedness, smell, heart, flavor, life history, boldness, esprit, ginger, LAN, vivaciousness, feeling, vibrancy, impertinence, disembodied spirit, aliveness, vivacity, vibrance, life story, purport, pep, oomph, vivification, tone, lifespan, emotional state, sauciness, dash, life, impudence, flippancy, brio, forwardness, bounce, sparkle, intent, jazziness, life-time, look
activity (part of speech: noun)
vigor (part of speech: noun)
friskiness, puissance, vigor, sprightliness, zeal, fervency, enthusiasm, potency, verve, agitation, vim, industriousness, power, gusto, eagerness, relish, excitement, strength, passion, exuberance, lustiness, zest, earnestness, ardency, spirit
health (part of speech: noun)
- He writes: " I am of opinion that music must be to poetry what liveliness of color and a happy mixture of light and shade are for a faultless and well- arranged drawing, which serve to add life to the figures without injuring the outlines;... - "The Great German Composers", George T. Ferris.
- The story is not managed with much skill, but it has variety enough of incident and character, and is told with so much liveliness that few will be inclined to lay it down before reaching the conclusion. - "Memoir of John Lothrop Motley, v1", Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr. Edition: 10 Language: English.
- The utmost that we are entitled to infer from this liveliness of description is, that the Assyrian army was already on its march; but not even that can be inferred with certainty. - "Christology of the Old Testament: And a Commentary on the Messianic Predictions. Vol. 2", Ernst Hengstenberg.