Definition of lively :
1. Bright; vivid; glowing; strong; vigorous.
2. Brisk; vivacious; active; as, a lively youth.
3. Endowed with or manifesting life; living.
4. Gay; airy; animated; spirited.
5. In a brisk, active, or animated manner; briskly; vigorously.
6. Representing life; lifelike.
7. With strong resemblance of life.
spicy, watchful, bubbling, wondrous, mobile, live, burbly, refreshing, risque, festal, raffish, spiffy, bouncy, kinetic, eventful, fresh, breezy, natty, critical, snappy, nipping, howling, burbling, juicy, marvellous, rattling, pert, bouncing, terrific, wonderful, dynamical, invigorating, tonic, refreshful, gushing, rich, resilient, marvelous, bubbly, spruce, wide awake, effervescent, life-sustaining, frosty, supple, expeditious, grand, elastic, perky, bracing, stimulating, agile, tremendous, jocund, fantastic, springy, spanking, gamy, racy, hot, restless, driving, gamey, full of life, dashing, action, provocative, nippy, quick, prompt, rakish, diligent, awake, high-spirited, alive, ebullient, crisp, effusive, officious, whipping, snappish, naughty, dapper, scintillating, forceful, whippy, rousing, sparkly, blue, unrecorded, ready, jovial, nimble, mirthful, exciting, festive
healthy (part of speech: adjective)
cheerful (part of speech: adjective)
bright, buoyant, joyful, congenial, complaisant, easygoing, agreeable, gay, genial, optimistic, warm, glad, cheery, merry, happy, cordial, sparkling, cheerful, jaunty, lighthearted, pleasant, pleased, sunny, jolly, affable, friendly, amiable
lively (part of speech: adjective)
vigorous (part of speech: adjective)
exuberant, emphatic, burning, spirited, earnest, full-blooded, animated, frisky, passionate, potent, mettlesome, sprightly, fervent, zestful, fiery, hearty, agitated, afire, energetic, prolific, puissant, enthusiastic, peppy, zealous, impassioned, zippy, strenuous, strong, vigorous, eager, industrious, virile, powerful, lusty, active, ardent, excited, ablaze
actively (part of speech: adverb)
healthily (part of speech: adverb)
active (part of speech: adjective)
- You must keep your ears open here and step lively when you're called. - "The Crimson Sweater", Ralph Henry Barbour.
- In spite of that, my lover is like you; his wit is lively, very much the same as yours, and, as far as his features are concerned, he is very handsome; yet it is not you. - "The Memoires of Casanova, Complete The Rare Unabridged London Edition Of 1894, plus An Unpublished Chapter of History, By Arthur Symons", Jacques Casanova de Seingalt.
- The yard holds in the lively hens. - "Keep-Well Stories for Little Folks", May Farinholt-Jones.