Definition of lobby:
- A confined place for cattle, formed by hedges. trees, or other fencing, near the farmyard.
- An apartment or passageway in the fore part of an old- fashioned cabin under the quarter- deck.
- That part of a hall of legislation not appropriated to the official use of the assembly; hence, the persons, collectively, who frequent such a place to transact business with the legislators; any persons, not members of a legislative body, who strive to influence its proceedings by personal agency.
- To address or solicit members of a legislative body in the lobby or elsewhere, with the purpose to influence their votes.
- To urge the adoption or passage of by soliciting members of a legislative body; as, to lobby a bill.
mansion house, antechamber, dormitory, foyer, hall, anteroom, mansion, student residence, third house, hallway, residence, buttonhole, pressure group, manse, entrance hall, vestibule, manor hall, dorm, residence hall.