Definition of locality :
1. Limitation to a county, district, or place; as, locality of trial.
2. Position; situation; a place; a spot; esp., a geographical place or situation, as of a mineral or plant.
3. The perceptive faculty concerned with the ability to remember the relative positions of places.
4. The state, or condition, of belonging to a definite place, or of being contained within definite limits.
area (part of speech: noun)
region (part of speech: noun)
domain, sector, area, place, plot, colony, Shire, precinct, dukedom, district, borough, zone, nation, lot, country, bailiwick, earldom, duchy, division, beat, parcel, canton, circuit, neighborhood, territory, field, city, province, commonweal, town, region, riding, tract, quarter, municipality, county, empire, realm, state, kingdom
- It was therefore of utmost importance to conceal the locality. - "The Log of a Noncombatant", Horace Green.
- The Catamount threw another piercing glance all round the locality. - "Dusty Star", Olaf Baker.
- He addressed them cheerfully: Say, gentlemen, he said, that doctor of yours seems to have got a move on this locality. - "General John Regan 1913", George A. Birmingham.