Definition of locate :
1. To designate the site or place of; to define the limits of; as, to locate a public building; to locate a mining claim; to locate ( the land granted by) a land warrant.
2. To place one's self; to take up one's residence; to settle.
3. To place; to set in a particular spot or position.
identify, reconcile, prove, make up, nail down, inhabit, turn out, point, excavate, site, sink, posit, pose, descend, get back, emplace, come out, grade, commit, localize, range, rate, come upon, track down, direct, ferret out, localise, get, fold up, come in, steady down, surface, subside, settle down, fold, come across, fall, settle, square up, target, resolve, take root, aim, designate, stumble on, go under, rank, dwell, invest, show up, patch up, decide, turn up, meet with, send, dig up, adjudicate, deposit, order, square off, conciliate, reside, determine, finalize, finalise, come on, get at, go down
install (part of speech: verb)
situate (part of speech: verb)
locate (part of speech: verb)
- Some people call without a very clear idea of what they want, and the fact that business houses have so many different names for exactly the same job often makes it difficult for them to locate the person they are asking for, even when they are fairly sure who it is they want. - "The Book of Business Etiquette", Nella Henney.
- Can you locate it on the map? - "School History of North Carolina", John W. Moore.
- They might locate his secret tower room by that single O. K. Then disaster would follow. - "Curlie Carson Listens In", Roy J. Snell.