Definition of location:
- A contract for the use of a thing, or service of a person, for hire.
- A leasing on rent.
- Situation; place; locality.
- That which is located; a tract of land designated in place.
- The act or process of locating.
- The marking out of the boundaries, or identifying the place or site of, a piece of land, according to the description given in an entry, plan, map, etc.
mess, point, jam, spatial relation, kettle of fish, fix, pickle, repair, locating, reparation, neighborhood, lieu, localization, locale, locality, localization of function, section, fixing, localisation, billet, military position, muddle, area, positioning, view, perspective, side, stance, stead, hole, attitude, position, localisation principle, office, localisation of function, berth, emplacement, localization principle, placement, finding, mend, posture, mending, fixture.
- bearing (part of speech: noun)
- place (part of speech: noun)
- situation (part of speech: noun)
- location (part of speech: noun)
- "Moonbeams From the Larger Lunacy", Stephen Leacock.
- "My Three Days in Gilead", Elmer Ulysses Hoenshal.
Well, it is a fact, and I have my doubts regarding your ability to do anything, but since the commander- in- chief has seen fit to try you and has sent you to me for the purpose of having me give you what information I possess regarding the location of the British, I will do what I can to assist you.- "The Dare Boys of 1776", Stephen Angus Cox.