Definition of lone:
- A lane. See Loanin.
- Being apart from other things of the kind; being by itself; also, apart from human dwellings and resort; as, a lone house.
- Being without a companion; being by one's self; also, sad from lack of companionship; lonely; as, a lone traveler or watcher.
- characterized by or preferring solitude in mode of life; " the eremitic element in the life of a religious colony"; " a lone wolf"; " a man of a solitary disposition"
- Single; unmarried, or in widowhood.
- Unfrequented by human beings; solitary.
unaccompanied, particular, footloose, alone, sole, spouseless, lonesome, include, solitary, marriage, apart, companionless, isolate, separate, eremitical, unattached, unsocial, one, eremitic, deserted, removed, detached, study at alone, fancy-free, only, lonely, single, isolated.
- celibate (part of speech: adjective)
- single (part of speech: adjective)
- "Thankful Rest", Annie S. Swan.
- "Dusty Star", Olaf Baker.
- "The Story of Magellan and The Discovery of the Philippines", Hezekiah Butterworth.