Definition of loo:
- A modification of the game of all fours in which the players replenish their hands after each round by drawing each a card from the pack.
- An old game played with five, or three, cards dealt to each player from a full pack. When five cards are used the highest card is the knave of clubs or ( if so agreed upon) the knave of trumps; - formerly called lanterloo.
- To beat in the game of loo by winning every trick.
- "The Last Hope", Henry Seton Merriman.
- "Robert F. Murray his poems with a memoir by Andrew Lang", Robert F. Murray.
- "Cecil Castlemaine's Gage, Lady Marabout's Troubles, and Other Stories", Ouida.