Definition of look :
1. Expression of the eyes and face; manner; as, a proud or defiant look.
2. Hence; Appearance; aspect; as, the house has a gloomy look; the affair has a bad look.
3. In the imperative: see; behold; take notice; take care; observe; - used to call attention.
4. The act of looking; a glance; a sight; a view; - often in certain phrases; as, to have, get, take, throw, or cast, a look.
5. To await the appearance of anything; to expect; to anticipate.
6. To direct the attention ( to something); to consider; to examine; as, to look at an action.
7. To direct the eyes for the purpose of seeing something; to direct the eyes toward an object; to observe with the eyes while keeping them directed; - with various prepositions, often in a special or figurative sense. See Phrases below.
8. To expect.
9. To express or manifest by a look.
10. To have a particular direction or situation; to face; to front.
11. To influence, overawe, or subdue by looks or presence as, to look down opposition.
12. To look at; to turn the eyes toward.
13. To seek; to search for.
14. To seem; to appear; to have a particular appearance; as, the patient looks better; the clouds look rainy.
15. To show one's self in looking, as by leaning out of a window; as, look out of the window while I speak to you. Sometimes used figuratively.
explore, present, go to, consider, care for, facet, musical note, research, introspection, typeface, depend, hold back, bear, emotional state, guess, timber, manner, behavior, count on, wait, serve, find, search, go through, hunt, gander, flash, learn, font, tactile sensation, heart, touch, determine, looking at, numerate, get wind, tactile property, attending, fashion, olfactory property, locution, touch sensation, visit, savour, looking, shade, insure, human face, verbal expression, expression, cheek, see to it, fancy, savor, direct, scene, purport, cypher, tactual sensation, mind, face up, anticipate, sprightliness, come along, play, intuitive feeling, forecast, smell, advert, look for, odor, estimate, come out, pick up, case, disembodied spirit, whole step, number, tonus, panorama, require, odour, hear, smack, pure tone, compute, style, contemplate, construction, olfactory perception, realize, reckon, attention, boldness, grimace, whole tone, control, give ear, wait on, examine, observation, find out, confront, expect, tint, flavour, go steady, brass, formulation, opine, attend, tincture, timbre, olfaction, keep an eye on, assist, carry, calculate, interpret, spirit, have a bun in the oven, sound, construe, tone of voice, picture, encounter, cipher, discover, intent, quest, attend to, matter, step, meet, visualise, ask, seem, face, project, smelling, formula, escort, experience, note, hang, tonicity, work out, way, flavor, to, inspection, take in, impression, think, survey, scrutiny, relish, breast, come across, peep, aim, manifestation, take care, assure, suppose, realise, feel, life, reflection, tend, prospect, ascertain, regarding, date, verbalism, once-over, grammatical construction, squint, look out for, sapidity, count, hold off, olfactory modality, get word, eye, go out, side, account, notion, check, waitress, feeling, tang, pay heed, examination, belief, await, understand, reflexion, leer, wager, scent, imagine, noticing, ensure, catch, seek, nerve, get a line, port, facial gesture, enumerate, liveliness, speculation, fount, envision, marking, run into, run across, saying, tone, front, contemplation, olfactory sensation, minister to, opinion, surface, gestate, sort, looking for, weigh, bet, aroma, appear, facial expression, carriage, sense of smell, cast about, quality, reconnaissance, visualize
appearance (part of speech: noun)
see (part of speech: verb)
observe (part of speech: verb)