Definition of look:
- Expression of the eyes and face; manner; as, a proud or defiant look.
- Hence; Appearance; aspect; as, the house has a gloomy look; the affair has a bad look.
- In the imperative: see; behold; take notice; take care; observe; - used to call attention.
- The act of looking; a glance; a sight; a view; - often in certain phrases; as, to have, get, take, throw, or cast, a look.
- To await the appearance of anything; to expect; to anticipate.
- To direct the attention ( to something); to consider; to examine; as, to look at an action.
- To direct the eyes for the purpose of seeing something; to direct the eyes toward an object; to observe with the eyes while keeping them directed; - with various prepositions, often in a special or figurative sense. See Phrases below.
- To expect.
- To express or manifest by a look.
- To have a particular direction or situation; to face; to front.
- To influence, overawe, or subdue by looks or presence as, to look down opposition.
- To look at; to turn the eyes toward.
- To seek; to search for.
- To seem; to appear; to have a particular appearance; as, the patient looks better; the clouds look rainy.
- To show one's self in looking, as by leaning out of a window; as, look out of the window while I speak to you. Sometimes used figuratively.
note, manifestation, notion, bet, numerate, assure, looking at, hear, scene, facial expression, come across, facial gesture, seek, brass, smack, hold off, envision, fancy, intent, looking for, direct, look out for, see, picture, attention, reflection, sapidity, prospect, survey, behavior, scent, wager, hang, visit, imagine, advert, savor, compute, reckon, smell, aim, introspection, encounter, come along, verbal expression, liveliness, expression, tonicity, olfaction, attend to, gestate, visualize, await, think, escort, font, account, step, attending, musical note, touch, run across, meet, ensure, wait on, way, olfactory modality, work out, sound, construe, guess, suppose, opinion, life, nerve, scrutiny, face, panorama, come out, emotional state, understand, olfactory property, hold back, feel, observation, timbre, have a bun in the oven, to, cheek, grammatical construction, minister to, reflexion, carry, leer, reconnaissance, squint, discover, formulation, speculation, project, case, aspect, side, pick up, quality, tactile property, examination, ask, go steady, realise, tone, get wind, explore, inspection, boldness, whole step, waitress, grimace, mind, enumerate, feeling, breast, typeface, bear, sort, human face, marking, search, seem, disembodied spirit, calculate, shade, check, appear, experience, assist, hunt, find, expect, go out, tang, olfactory sensation, determine, tincture, find out, tactile sensation, depend, get a line, count, date, cast about, front, verbalism, opine, olfactory perception, go through, wait, interpret, flash, ascertain, cypher, present, run into, realize, play, surface, looking, number, pay heed, timber, tonus, sprightliness, smelling, contemplation, heart, serve, consider, odor, care for, control, catch, sense of smell, count on, attend, go to, construction, port, flavour, weigh, fount, see to it, savour, tactual sensation, tend, whole tone, cipher, manner, carriage, tint, face up, confront, contemplate, anticipate, eye, forecast, formula, facet, require, flavor, relish, fashion, saying, belief, take care, purport, regarding, impression, peep, spirit, gander, pure tone, get word, quest, locution, touch sensation, noticing, take in, intuitive feeling, tone of voice, research, aroma, style, keep an eye on, give ear, insure, examine, once-over, learn, look for, estimate, odour, matter, visualise.
- appearance (part of speech: noun)
- see (part of speech: verb)
- observe (part of speech: verb)