Definition of looking :
1. appearing to be as specified; usually used as combining forms; " left their clothes dirty looking"; " a most disagreeable looking character"; " angry- looking"; " liquid- looking"; " severe- looking policemen on noble horses"; " fine- sounding phrases"; " taken in by high- sounding talk"
2. Having a certain look or appearance; - often compounded with adjectives; as, good- looking, grand- looking, etc.
3. The act of one who looks; a glance.
4. The manner in which one looks; appearance; countenance; face.
observing (part of speech: verb)
seeing (part of speech: verb)
- It was the others he was looking after. - "The Beautiful Wretch; The Pupil of Aurelius; and The Four Macnicols", William Black.
- Then she spoke to Channing without looking at him. - "Kildares of Storm", Eleanor Mercein Kelly.
- Why, you're the man I've been looking for for a long time. - "The Bittermeads Mystery", E. R. Punshon.