Definition of looking:
- appearing to be as specified; usually used as combining forms; " left their clothes dirty looking"; " a most disagreeable looking character"; " angry- looking"; " liquid- looking"; " severe- looking policemen on noble horses"; " fine- sounding phrases"; " taken in by high- sounding talk"
- Having a certain look or appearance; - often compounded with adjectives; as, good- looking, grand- looking, etc.
- The act of one who looks; a glance.
- The manner in which one looks; appearance; countenance; face.
- observing (part of speech: verb)
- seeing (part of speech: verb)
- "The Beautiful Wretch; The Pupil of Aurelius; and The Four Macnicols", William Black.
- "Kildares of Storm", Eleanor Mercein Kelly.
- "The Bittermeads Mystery", E. R. Punshon.