Definition of lookout :
1. A careful looking or watching for any object or event.
2. A person engaged in watching.
3. Object or duty of forethought and care; responsibility.
4. The act of looking out; watch.
5. The place from which such observation is made.
observation tower, perspective, beacon, vigilance, spotter, mentality, lookout station, sentinel, talent scout, vista, guard, mind-set, piquet, prospect, see, scene, watcher, ticker, scout, sentry, cupola, business, pathfinder, watchtower, watchman, observatory, ward, surveillance, safety, lookout man, discoverer, mindset, overlook, post, sight, awareness, protector, picket, affair, vigil, pale, finder, outlook, watch, panorama, view, tower, relevant, guide, observation post, concern, expectation
- Also it was certainly not chance which induced him to be on the platform at least a quarter of an hour before the train was due at the station, ready to keep a careful lookout on all the passengers in it. - "Antony Gray,--Gardener", Leslie Moore.
- What's the good of you as a lookout? - "Macleod of Dare", William Black.
- With a keen lookout for such signals you need not frequently approach the Hut. - "South with Scott", Edward R. G. R. Evans.