Definition of lore:
- That which is or may be learned or known; the knowledge gained from tradition, books, or experience; often, the whole body of knowledge possessed by a people or class of people, or pertaining to a particular subject; as, the lore of the Egyptians; priestly lore; legal lore; folklore.
- That which is taught; hence, instruction; wisdom; advice; counsel.
- The anterior portion of the cheeks of insects.
- The space between the eye and bill, in birds, and the corresponding region in reptiles and fishes.
intuition, traditional knowledge, recognition, acquaintance, information, science, comprehension, light, intelligence, scholarship, fact, learning, legend, data, cognition, wisdom, knowledge, folklore, apprehension, mythos, mythology, folklore, tradition, perception, erudition, cognizance, experience, myth.
- "The Adventure of Living", John St. Loe Strachey.
- "The Sources Of Religious Insight", Josiah Royce.
- "Perpetual Light", William Rose Benet.