Definition of lounge :
1. A piece of furniture resembling a sofa, upon which one may lie or recline.
2. An idle gait or stroll; the state of reclining indolently; a place of lounging.
3. To spend time lazily, whether lolling or idly sauntering; to pass time indolently; to stand, sit, or recline, in an indolent manner.
mill, furniture, bushwhack, skulk, goldbrick, bum, shirk, hover, footle, hang around, diddle, scupper, ambuscade, parlor, lurk, lie in wait, mill around, bum around, bum about, linger, frig around, tarry, arse around, mess about, bar, lollygag, lounge around, room, dawdle, mill about, waiting room, waylay, arse about, waste one's time, loaf, mezzanine, loll, loiter, sofa, laze, loll around, industrious, lounge about, ambush, waiting area, lallygag, idle
couch (part of speech: noun)
repose (part of speech: verb)
relax (part of speech: verb)
- Dan lay on the lounge, the physician keeping a finger on his pulse. - "Dave Darrin's First Year at Annapolis", H. Irving Hancock.
- There stood his chair and his lounge where he had thrown himself so often when tired out. - "The Tides of Barnegat", F. Hopkinson Smith.
- Dryfoos stretched himself on the lounge again. - "A Hazard of New Fortunes", William Dean Howells.