Definition of love :
1. A climbing species of Clematis ( C. Vitalba).
2. A feeling of strong attachment induced by that which delights or commands admiration; preeminent kindness or devotion to another; affection; tenderness; as, the love of brothers and sisters.
3. A thin silk stuff.
4. Affection; kind feeling; friendship; strong liking or desire; fondness; good will; - opposed to hate; often with of and an object.
5. Courtship; - chiefly in the phrase to make love, i. e., to court, to woo, to solicit union in marriage.
6. Cupid, the god of love; sometimes, Venus.
7. Due gratitude and reverence to God.
8. Especially, devoted attachment to, or tender or passionate affection for, one of the opposite sex.
9. Nothing; no points scored on one side; - used in counting score at tennis, etc.
10. The object of affection; - often employed in endearing address.
11. To have a feeling of love for; to regard with affection or good will; as, to love one's children and friends; to love one's country; to love one's God.
12. To have the feeling of love; to be in love.
13. To regard with passionate and devoted affection, as that of one sex for the other.
14. To take delight or pleasure in; to have a strong liking or desire for, or interest in; to be pleased with; to like; as, to love books; to love adventures.
lamb, have it away, neck, hit the sack, inclination, experience, make out, screw, lie with, live, honor, passionateness, fill in, eff, kip down, admiration, approve, get by, sleep together, make do, slam, retire, connect, mania, enjoy, spang, sock, affair, deal, complete, bash, extol, cheat, rapture, do, grapple, bonk, discern, emotion, acknowledge, come, lovemaking, sex, go to bed, savour, make love, fill out, bask, get along, rage, heat, hunch forward, manage, predilection, do it, whop, hump, cognise, venerate, love life, Cupid, have intercourse, sack out, cognize, love affair, pick out, bed, sexual love, loyalty, applaud, crawl in, write out, revere, relish, savor, minion, chouse, sweetie, cut, flame, have a go at it, truelove, weakness, dearest, hit the hay, delight in, chicane, lover, fare, loved one, cope, enchantment, sleep with, zest, jockey, get laid, recognize, erotic love, roll in the hay, know, penchant, shaft, ardor, fancy, distinguish, delight, hate, jazz, tell apart, drive in, get it on, issue, fuck, aversion, bang, enjoyment, hunch over, wonder, be intimate, turn in, have sex, sweet, amativeness, hunch, be infatuated, contend, whap, spot, recognise, cacoethes, making love, bop, amour, have it off, appreciation, yearning, esteem, revel, go to sleep
affection (part of speech: noun)
love (part of speech: verb)
friendliness, amorousness, attachment, adoration, communion, kinship, faithfulness, tenderness, endearment, fondness, sentimentality, infatuation, passion, liking, admire, crush, like, romance, infatuate, adore, intimacy, idolize, oneness, desire, devotion, cherish, idolization, affection, worship, care
darling (part of speech: noun)