Definition of lovely :
1. Having such an appearance as excites, or is fitted to excite, love; beautiful; charming; very pleasing in form, looks, tone, or manner.
2. In a manner to please, or to excite love.
3. Lovable; amiable; having qualities of any kind which excite, or are fitted to excite, love or friendship.
4. Loving; tender.
5. Very pleasing; - applied loosely to almost anything which is not grand or merely pretty; as, a lovely view; a lovely valley; a lovely melody.
hype, agreeable, superlative, capital, quality, pin up, first-string, immense, brother, loving, terrific, prize, beauty queen, winning, gilt-edged, knockout, cool, pleasant, give me a break, looker, aah, cute, hot, beguiling, doll, engaging, prime, darn, enchantress, banner, A-OK, thank God/goodness/heaven(s), first-rate, corking, fantastic, blue-ribbon, high-class, restful, choice, sensitive, blue-chip, keen, gangbusters, caring, first-class, superior, adorable, swell, bewitching, stellar, goddess, drop-dead, great, a raving beauty, lovesome, top-notch, righteous, crackerjack, siren, frontline, phat, fetching, nice, noble, lovable, fascinating, bang-up, good-natured, number one, goodly, fabulous, bumper, down, loveable, enjoyable, four-star, tender, boffo, well-favored, relaxing, will wonders never cease?, unsurpassed, neat, cheerful, nice-looking, warm, endearing, stunner, taking, heavenly, give me strength, harming, radical, top, peachy, grand, bully, groovy, gentle, top-flight, jim-dandy, prizewinning, famous, wonderful, beauty, babe, mean, benignant, enticing, awesome, for heaven's sake/sakes, seemly, top-shelf, classic, ravishing, fantabulous, excellent, sensational, hell, for pity's sake, what's that supposed to mean?, par excellence, dandy, sterling, appealing, supernal, cover girl, gone, fine, amiable, sweet, tip-top, boss, beauteous, wizard, A1, yippee, prepossessing, brave, generous, good, eye-catching, pulchritudinous, pleasurable, warm-hearted, primo, peachy keen, hooray, dynamite, nifty, topping, top-of-the-line, what's the big idea?, marvelous, delightful, brag, fab, tempting, slick, cracking, aesthetic, likely, for crying out loud, divine, kind, out-of-sight, gotcha, captivating, like, five-star, numero uno, winsome, dope
beautiful (part of speech: adjective)
fair, graceful, good-looking, pleasing, exquisite, charming, ornamental, dazzling, comely, shapely, finished, eye-filling, belle, polished, sightly, splendid, flowerlike, picturesque, attractive, glamorous, beautiful, quaint, pretty, radiant, refined, gorgeous, resplendent, elegant, sublime, stunning, bonny, enchanting, handsome, superb, becoming
- One was a Mr. Jones whose young wife was in great agony on his account and followed him with their only child- a lovely boy five years of age. - "Sages and Heroes of the American Revolution", L. Carroll Judson.
- The morning was lovely. - "The Daughter of the Commandant", Alexksandr Sergeevich Pushkin.
- Never had I seen her so lovely as now. - "Aylwin", Theodore Watts-Dunton.