Definition of lover:
- A friend; one strongly attached to another; one who greatly desires the welfare of any person or thing; as, a lover of his country.
- Alt. of Lovery
- One who has a strong liking for anything, as books, science, or music.
- One who loves; one who is in love; - usually limited, in the singular, to a person of the male sex.
escort, partner, caramel brown, fanatic, sex, neophyte, buff, like, beau, zealot, beloved, girlfriend, buffer, swain, yellowish brown, darling, dear, devotee, petitioner, sports fan, mate, raw sienna, afficionado, caramel, applicant, flame, rooter, suppliant, sweetheart, love, paramour, enthusiast, courter, admirer, wooer, infatuate, fan, dilettante, fancier, solicitor, amateur, praise, boyfriend.
- "Historical Romances: Under the Red Robe, Count Hannibal, A Gentleman of France", Stanley J. Weyman.
- "Doctor Cupid", Rhoda Broughton.
- "The Macdermots of Ballycloran", Anthony Trollope.