Definition of lower:
- A frowning; sullenness.
- Cloudiness; gloominess.
- Compar. of Low, a.
- To be dark, gloomy, and threatening, as clouds; to be covered with dark and threatening clouds, as the sky; to show threatening signs of approach, as a tempest.
- To bring down; to humble; as, to lower one's pride.
- To depress as to direction; as, to lower the aim of a gun; to make less elevated as to object; as, to lower one's ambition, aspirations, or hopes.
- To fall; to sink; to grow less; to diminish; to decrease; as, the river lowered as rapidly as it rose.
- To frown; to look sullen.
- To let descend by its own weight, as something suspended; to let down; as, to lower a bucket into a well; to lower a sail or a boat; sometimes, to pull down; as, to lower a flag.
- To reduce in value, amount, etc. ; as, to lower the price of goods, the rate of interest, etc.
- To reduce the degree, intensity, strength, etc., of; as, to lower the temperature of anything; to lower one's vitality; to lower distilled liquors.
- To reduce the height of; as, to lower a fence or wall; to lower a chimney or turret.
cirrocumulus, get off, push down, set out, pass up, spurn, tear down, demean, bring low, underwater, look, reject, impose, bank, less, lour, demoralize, threaten, put down, loom, stare, cloudy, note, petty, dismount, raze, cloud, column, inferior, survey, minor, dismay, cumulonimbus, abase, turn away, billow, set about, discredit, let down, swallow, ground, underfoot, low, trim back, look around, bottom, scorn, land, disdain, inspect, dismantle, depressed, subnormal, press down, bring down, chthonian, level, stare down, lower berth, take in, fix with, hang over, humiliate, low-level, under, overhang, turn down, freeze off, secondary, inflict, get down, start, rase, lose your balance/footing, subordinate, begin, commence, cirrus, de-escalate, deject, near, set down, menace, shrivel, disappoint, chthonic, lower-ranking, impend, top-slice, rock bottom, minimize, subvert, cut down, visit, dishonor, glower, underlying, cumulus, unhorse, brew, smaller, meet, underground, frown, pull down, glare, demote, sunken, pooh-pooh, start out, trim down, cast down, disgrace, nether, outstare, write down, subaltern, junior-grade, gaze, check on, refuse, leer, go down, infernal, scowl, beneath, subterranean, get, eye, halve, underneath, scale down, lock, see, depress, express, demoralise, bore into, overturn, humble, examine, down, cut back, light, cirrostratus, overthrow, junior, chthonic, take down, lowly, below, dispirit.
- decreased (part of speech: adjective)
- cheapen (part of speech: verb)
- subtract (part of speech: verb)
- descend (part of speech: verb)
- shorten (part of speech: verb)
- discount (part of speech: verb)
- decrease (part of speech: verb)
- lower (part of speech: verb)
- depress (part of speech: verb)
- unimportant (part of speech: adjective)