Definition of lowering:
grueling, expectant, saturnine, enceinte, punishing, sound, fleshy, hard, gravid, cloudy, lumbering, weighed down, intemperate, laborious, heavy, sour, moody, profound, impenetrable, cloggy, sinister, ponderous, baleful, great, grave, ominous, menacing, dense, sonorous, dour, overweight, toilsome, arduous, operose, with child, minacious, labored, weighty, laboured, threatening, large, leaden, morose, backbreaking, grievous, glowering, forbidding, letting down, glum, sullen, dark, clayey, gruelling, wakeless, big, minatory.
- depression (part of speech: noun)
- subtraction (part of speech: noun)
- descending (part of speech: verb)
- discounting (part of speech: verb)
- decreasing (part of speech: verb)
- threatening (part of speech: adjective)
- depressing (part of speech: verb)
- subtracting (part of speech: verb)
- lowering (part of speech: verb)
- shortening (part of speech: verb)
- cheapening (part of speech: verb)
- "Ashton-Kirk, Investigator", John T. McIntyre.
- "Wizard", Laurence Mark Janifer (AKA Larry M. Harris).
- "The Bravest of the Brave or, with Peterborough in Spain", G. A. Henty.