Definition of lull:
cool off, hush up, tranquillity, quiet down, quiesce, repose, chill out, settle down, shut up, letup, settle, simmer down, placidity, calm down, steady, quieten, pause, pipe down, tranquility, tranquillize, quiet, hiatus, balm, tranquillise, becalm, serenity, cool it.
- pacify (part of speech: verb)
- calm (part of speech: verb)
- relieve (part of speech: verb)
- silence (part of speech: verb)
- soothe (part of speech: verb)
- "The Waif of the "Cynthia"", André Laurie and Jules Verne.
- "For the Allinson Honor", Harold Bindloss.
- "The Cattle-Baron's Daughter", Harold Bindloss.