Definition of lulling:
- pacifying (part of speech: verb)
- relieving (part of speech: verb)
- silencing (part of speech: verb)
- soothing (part of speech: verb)
- calming (part of speech: verb)
- "Eugenie Grandet", Honore de Balzac.
The suffocating weakness that it brings to exhausted men, luring them to the sleep of death in her clinging soft embrace, lulling the will and conquering all desire for life- this was awfully upon him.- "Four Weird Tales", Algernon Blackwood.
- "Little Rivers A Book Of Essays In Profitable Idleness", Henry van Dyke.