Definition of lump :
1. A mass or aggregation of things.
2. A projection beneath the breech end of a gun barrel.
3. A small mass of matter of irregular shape; an irregular or shapeless mass; as, a lump of coal; a lump of iron ore.
4. To get along with as one can, although displeased; as, if he does n't like it, he can lump it.
5. To take in the gross; to speak of collectively.
6. To throw into a mass; to unite in a body or sum without distinction of particulars.
pompousness, intumescence, wage, gob, orchis, bump, excrescence, gawk, recompense, ostentation, chunk, puffiness, thud, hood, block, formal, knot, part, bunch, testis, gibbousness, orb, globe, goon, ability, wad, strong-armer, collocate, landlubber, klutz, cluster, toughie, hoodlum, splashiness, nugget, testicle, bollock, clustering, stumblebum, ball, hunk, inflation, thug, convex, nub, oaf, glob, due, desert, lubber, lummox, clunk, musket ball, prominence, clod, agglomeration, gibbosity, thumping, lout, bulk, intumescency, mass, comeuppance, bulge, thump, section, landsman, clump, piece, ballock, nut, pretentiousness, reward, tough, guerdon, extrusion, knob, hulk, protuberance, swelling, hunch, protrusion, meatball, jut, punk, hump, palooka, ostentatiousness, lug, ox, meathead, pomposity, egg, portion
- Make it into a lump, set it away to cool, and grate nutmeg over it. - "The American Frugal Housewife", Lydia M. Child.
- It'll be bad enough when the papers get hold of this, without having them lump you in with a bad lot like me. - "In the Bishop's Carriage", Miriam Michelson.
- Straightway he guessed what she wanted, and the guess brought his eyebrows together with the lump between which Marion had described. - "The Lookout Man", B. M. Bower.