Definition of lunar :
1. A lunar distance.
2. Influenced by the moon, as in growth, character, or properties; as, lunar herbs.
3. Measured by the revolutions of the moon; as, a lunar month.
4. Resembling the moon; orbed.
5. The middle bone of the proximal series of the carpus; - called also semilunar, and intermedium.
- It was a typical boom town of the Lunar mining regions. - "Master of the Moondog", Stanley Mullen.
- But this is to doubt where there never was any ground for doubting; the baptism was certainly on the 26th of May; and, in the next place, the calculation of six months and eleven days is sustained by substituting lunar months for calendar, and then only by supposing the marriage to have been celebrated on the very day of subscribing the bond in Worcester, and the baptism to have been coincident with the birth; of which suppositions the latter is improbable, and the former, considering the situation of Worcester, impossible. - "Biographical Essays", Thomas de Quincey.
- In the centre of the dial a semi- globe is fixed representing the earth, around which a smaller globe indicating the moon revolves monthly, and by turning on its axis as it revolves, shows the various lunar phases. - "Exeter", Sidney Heath.